Redplum

Sunday, March 7, 2010

Menu Plan Monday! (3/8/10)

Don't have a heart attack from surprise or anything....I am working on going back to menu planning!!

"Why do I not have a surprised feeling." - Alpha (from Pixar's "Up")

Before we get to the actual menu for this week I have something to say :) I mentioned in my guest post over on couponing to disney about stretching your Food Stamp Dollars by using Coupons that menu planning is one of the MOST CRUCIAL parts of saving money. Well you might as well call me Slacky McSlackface (Yes that is my official name and you may address me as such *grin*) because I have not done menu planning since like Thanksgiving. That is 1/4 of a year ya'll!!!

I desperately need to get better at this so that I am not wandering aimlessly around the house at 3pm wondering what I'm going to cook for dinner, then deciding that I wanted something in the crockpot but ohhhhh looky there...unable to do so as the result of lack of planning :(

This is a part of the Menu Plan Monday put out by OrgJunkie! If you have a need of recipes or menu ideas then please feel free to surf on over and see what folks are having this week.
,
I am participating in Couponing to Disney's No Dining Out March challenge. Not that i'd dine out anyway with my current budget but it's nice to be accountable!!



Sunday - Morningstar Farms Tomato & Basil Pizza Burgers, Fruit & slice of whole wheat bread.
Monday - Shredded Beef & Bean Tacos using This Recipe for Meat & Bean Burritos
Tuesday - Pomegranate-Citrus Glazed Pork Tenderloin Medalions (adapted from here), Salad, Sweet Peas
Wednesday - Homemade Chicken Nuggets, Fries, fruit
Thursday - Caramel Pear Pork Chops (Adapted from here: Caramel Apple Pork Chops), Fried Green Beans, Rice
Friday - Tuna Burgers, rice, corn
Saturday - Homemade Pizza

So what do you plan to eat this week?!

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails