Redplum

Sunday, September 20, 2009

Make a Difference Monday (The September 14th edition)

Okay so I realize it's neither Monday nor September 14th but I think it's really cool how all week I just didn't feel right posting a MADM post and I kept trying to word things and having to rewrite bits and pieces of my post until I finally deleted it and just decided to skip last week and then today I found inspiration and the correct words.

I have a couple of things to mention here. You know that I have a special place in my heart for the hungry. It is my firm belief and my PASSION that NO ONE in America in 2009 should be hungry. Look at the obscene amount of food that Americans waste on a daily basis, yet we have hungry people here. There are children who go home from school every day not knowing if they are going to eat again before the school provides their lunch the next day.

There are two ways that you can put your couponing to good use right now (Well there are more than two but i'm going to highlight two)

If you are a member of Gladeville church or just from around the community and interested in helping...
From the church bulletin:
HUGS Ministry/Local Mission Needed
The Hugs Ministry will be providing Thanksgiving Baskets to families in need throughout our community again this year. The boxes will be provided through our Angel Food Ministries and our own GBC food pantry. We will be accepting both cash and food donations. If you would like to make a cash donation you can put your donation in an envelope marked 'Thanksgiving Boxes' and drop it off in any Information Center drop box. If you would like to make a food donation please bring those to any Information Center.

Food Closet Needs:
The food closet is in need of the following items:
mashed potatoes, stuffing, cake mixes, icing, spaghetti sauce, tuna, jelly, crackers, pasta, hamburger/tuna helper. No Mac & Cheese PLEASE. Also in need of empty copy paper boxes. Please bring your donations to any information center.

Don't forget that the triple coupons going on right now at Kroger & Harris Teeter make a lot of these items free or close to it. (There is a .75 printable for jelly on coupons.com) So I guess for the rest of the day I am going to be hiding in my room going through coupons trying to find coupons for these items so I can use them to triple at Kroger/Harris teeter on Monday.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails