Redplum

Sunday, August 30, 2009

Angel Food Program

Angel Food Ministries is a non-profit, non-denominational organization dedicated to providing grocery relief to communities throughout the United States.

This program works through churches and community organizations in over 32 states. Each months menu is different and consists of both fresh and frozen items. (Average retail value of the package is $60.00 but the boxes run about $30.)

ANYONE may order boxes, If Bill Gates would like to come order an Angel Food box he is MORE than welcome to do so!!! I am a very picky eater so in the past I have ordered from Angel Food but found I was wasting food because I won't eat meat if it's cooked on the bone & I have all kinds of weird issues with food!! So I took a break for 2 years. Check out the September menu here. It seems pretty yummy!! The box I have my eye on is the fresh fruit and veggie box for September...it costs $22.00 and contains:

1 head cabbage
3 lbs of potatoes
2 lbs Yellow Onions
1 lb Carrots
1 premium extra large butternut squash (YUM!)
4 Bartlett Pears
6 lbs of apples (half Golden Delicious and half McIntosh!!)
1 California Cantaloupe (sadly, I am allergic :( )
1 Avocado (Delicious!)
1 Mango
6 1.5 oz packages seedless raisins
1 pkg homemade apple pie spice

I think that is a FANTASTIC deal and guess what? They accept EBT Cards!!! (aka food stamps) If you are in the Mount Juliet/Lebanon area you can order your angel food boxes at Gladeville Church. or go here to find your nearest site.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails